PATIENT RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE RESPONSIBILITY TO:
- Provide accurate and complete information concerning current and past states of health, present complaints, hospitalizations, medications (including over the counter products and dietary supplements), allergies and sensitivities, and any other pertinent health information.
- Understand and/or ask questions about care and services delivered, and about instructions following care and treatment.
- Follow the treatment plan and care instructions or accept accountability if the treatment plan and care instructions are not followed.
- Keep appointments or notify the surgery center if unable to keep an appointment.
- Leave valuables with a family member/representative.
- Be accompanied at discharge by a responsible adult.
- Inform the surgery center staff of a living will, medical power of attorney, or other directive that could affect care.
- Accept personal financial responsibility for any charges not covered by insurance.
- Show respect for other patients and surgery center staff.
- Tell us if there is a problem with care.
* It is the responsibility of a parent or guardian to remain at the surgery center for the duration of a pediatric patient’s stay.
Feedback on Our Services
You may contact any of the following:
- The Center for Endoscopy at 760-940-6300 or by fax at 760-940-8074
- The State of California Department of Public Health, San Diego North District Office: Address: 7575 Metropolitan Drive, Suite 104, San Diego, CA 92108- 4402 or call Phone number: 619-278-3700 Fax number: 619-278-3725
- Medical Board of California Address: 2005 Evergreen Street, Suite 1200, Sacramento, CA 95815 Phone number: 800-633-2322
- Medicare at 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) or by visiting http://www.medicare.gov/claims-and-appeals/medicare-rights/get-help/ombudsman.html
- Office of Civil Rights at 1-800-368-1019, 1-800-527-7697 (TDD) or by visiting https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/portal/lobby.jsf or by mail at U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 200 Independence Avenue, SW, Room 509F, HHH Building, Washington, D.C. 20201 Complaint forms are available at http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/office/file/index.html
- Covenant Surgical Partners Compliance Help Line at 855-315-052 or by visiting www.covenantsurgicalcompliance.com
- AAAHC at 1-847-852-6060 or in writing to Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, 5250 Old Orchard Road, Suite 200, Skokie, IL 60077 or via email at www.AAAHC.org.